In Alberta, the Health Professions Act ensures all regulated health care providers:
- are educated and trained properly
- practice within a defined scope of practice
- adhere to strict standards of practice
- hold liability protection/coverage
- meet competency standards
- are accountable to a regulatory organization
The Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors (ACAC) is entrusted with enforcing the requirements set by government for all chiropractors. To be a chiropractor in Alberta, you must be a member, in good standing, with the ACAC.